New Delhi : The festival of colours of Holi can be a bit harsh for your beauty routine. While the colours damage your skin, harsh sun rays and chemicals present in colourful foams damage your hair.
Here are some of the tips to be followed for a complete beauty care to be performed before and after the playful celebration.
- To avoid the unwanted skin tanning and skin problems from your end, it's best to apply a sunscreen 20 minutes before stepping out of your house. It is advisable to use a sunscreen that contains an SPF higher than SPF 20. The built-in moisturisers will protect your skin from the sun as well as colours.
- You should not forget about your fingernails on Holi, according to Shikhee Agrawal, Head-Training, The Body Shop India. It is best to ensure attention to cuticles and nails, minding the sensitivity of these areas. Apply transparent nail varnish and petroleum jelly for protective coating.
- For hair care, slather your hair with oil. Holi colours can presumably damage your Hair to a great extent. Applying Coconut or even a normal hair oil, half an hour before stomping out can cut back the damage scope to a nominal level. Also, it's best to tie your hair down rather than leaving them open during the festivities.
- Don't miss to apply lots of lip balm to lips to ensure the least harm. It would be better to apply a thick layer of lip balm jelly generously over them so that the Holi colour does not get stick to your mouth.
- Once all the celebration gets over, there comes the real problem of removing the colors from your face. Rinsing your face with clean water, followed by a hearty application of face lotion is suggested. It is important that all the impurity and toxic substances release out of your skin-pores. So it is suitable to use a cleanser containing less of chemical elements and more of natural ingredients like Tea Tree.
- Wash off the impurities and colours with a good hair shampoo, such as green tea one, having natural vitality to wash away the noxious substances from your hair. Also once you are done with the washing part, don't forget to apply conditioner.
- After, all the exposing to the sun, harmful hues and toxic elements flying in the air all throughout the day, it is important to apply a good and efficient eye cream full of vitamin E before dozing off to sleep. This will make you feel fresh in the next morning and will clear your dark circles and patches overnight.